O Sacred Head Surrounded Lyrics
1 O sacred Head surrounded
By crown of piercing thorn!
O bleeding Head, so wounded,
Reviled and put to scorn!
The pow’r of death comes o’er you,
The glow of life decays,
Yet angel hosts adore you
And tremble as they gaze.
2 I see your strength and vigor
All fading in the strife,
And death with cruel rigor,
Bereaving you of life;
O agony and dying!
O love to sinners free!
Jesus, all grace supplying,
O turn your face on me.
3 In this, your bitter passion,
Good Shepherd, think of me
With your most sweet compassion,
Unworthy though I be:
Beneath your cross abiding
For ever would I rest,
In your dear love confiding,
And with your presence blest.
O Sacred Head Surrounded Hymn Story
“O Sacred Head Surrounded” is a Christian hymn that was composed by Bernard of Clairvaux. It was translated into English by H W Baker.
Below are more hymns’ lyrics and stories:
- O Jesus I Have Promised Lyrics, Story, and Video
- Time Is Filled with Swift Transition Lyrics
- The Strife Is O’er, The Battle Done Lyrics, Story, and Video
- The Sands of Time Are Sinking Lyrics, Story, and Video
- The Savior Is Waiting Lyrics, Story, and Video